As of December 2017, Boot Solutions' two Niseko stores (not currently Hakuba) are now registered to offer tax-free shopping for foreign visitors. This means that the 8% consumption tax that is included in the purchase price can be refunded at the time of payment. To be eligible to receive this refund, you must:
- be a foreign visitor in Japan for less than 6 months
- not be working in Japan
- bring your passport (not a copy) to our store and present it at the time of payment.
- The name on the credit card used to purchase items must match the name on the passport.
- The document you receive from us in your passport will be collected by a customs officer at your departure fr om Japan.
- You must take your purchased items outside of Japan.